Promoting French musicians and ensembles in the U.S. is a core goal of the program. Touring projects will be supported with up to 10,000 dollars, solely for projects confirmed by an American presenting venue. This year, special attention will be given to digital and hybrid (digital + in-person) projects.
• Digital and hybrid touring projects between French and American musicians must take place between March 1, 2021 & August 31, 2022.
• In-person only touring projects must take place between September 1, 2021 & August 31, 2022.
• Tours must include at least 3 shows or public programs (masterclasses are considered);
• Works presented must be composed by living composers.
• Projects involving artists or living composers whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country;
• Projects presented in a minimum of 3 different cities;
• Projects involving new generations of composers;
• Projects involving women artists and/or composers;
• Projects reflecting diversity and inclusion;
• Projects experimenting with new forms of music.
The fund will not support directly individual artists.
The Jazz & New Music program offers financial support in the form of grants to American or French nonprofit organizations that represent, produce, or present the project of the artist(s).
• Individual artist or ensemble involved should work at a professional level;
• Individual artist or ensemble involved must be French citizens or legal residents for the past five years and currently reside in France or its territories;
• Applicants must be (or represented by) an American nonprofit institution or a French association loi 1901. Presenting venues can apply individually. However, it is recommended to coordinate with other venues involved in a tour before applying;
• Applicants (or their representatives) must be able to demonstrate their nonprofit status;
• Companies and ensembles may submit applications for performances and tours only if they have obtained written engagement from presenting partners.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2021 (Midnight – PST)
Review and final selection by Artistic Committee: April 2021
Notification of Committee Selection: May 2021
Digital and hybrid (digital + in-person) projects must take place between March 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022.
In-person only projects must take place between September 1, 2021 and August 31, 2022.