The program encourages applications for projects resulting in the creation of new works. Commissions to French composers and collaborations between French and American musicians and institutions will be supported with up to 10,000 dollars. This year, special attention will be given to digital and hybrid (digital + in-person) projects.
• Commissions may include arrangements, compositions, rehearsals, performances and recordings;
• Works presented must be composed by living composers.
• Projects involving artists or living composers whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country;
• Projects involving new generations of composers;
• Projects involving women artists and/or composers;
• Projects reflecting diversity and inclusion;
• Projects experimenting with new forms of music.
The fund will not support directly individual artists.
The Jazz & New Music program offers financial support in the form of grants to American or French nonprofit organizations that represent, produce, or present the project of the artist(s).
• Individual artist or ensemble involved should work at a professional level;
• Individual artist or ensemble involved must be French or U.S. citizens or legal residents for the past five years and currently reside in their respective territory;
• Applicants must be (or represented by) an American nonprofit institution or a French association loi 1901;
• Applicants (or their representatives) must be able to demonstrate their nonprofit status.
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED.
Next Deadline: To Be Announced.