Residencies are intended for French artists who already have an American partner willing to support their research, facilitate the development of their artistic project, and help them develop their network.
In 2020, up to four residency projects will be selected by the Jazz & New Music artistic committee.
– Projects must take place between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021.
– Residencies may include researching, composing, rehearsing, performing and recording.
– Works presented must be composed by living composers.
– Projects resulting in live performances.
– Projects involving artists or living composers whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country.
– Projects involving new generations of composers.
– Projects involving women artists and/or composers.
– Projects experimenting new forms of music, including computer and electro-acoustic music.
– Individual artists directly.
– Residency projects that solely include the rental of a studio or space without a commitment from an American partner.
The Jazz & New Music program offers financial support in the form of grants to American or French nonprofit organizations that represent, produce, or present the project of the artist(s).
– Individual artist or ensemble involved should work at a professional level.
– Individual artist or ensemble involved must be French citizens or legal residents for the past five years and currently reside in France or its territories.
– Artists involved must speak English
– Applicants must be (or represented by) an American nonprofit institution or a French association loi 1901.
– Applicants (or their representatives) must demonstrate their nonprofit status.
The partner institution –residency space, studio, live music venue, multidisciplinary art centers, festival, and university– must show a clear artistic and financial commitment towards the project. Partners are committed to accompany artists by providing tailored advice, facilitating access to resources and professional networks, and create opportunities for exposure (interaction with the community, with an audience etc…)
Application Deadline: SPRING 2021 – TBA