For the next application call, FUSED encourages either the production of French-American projects, or the presentation and the tour of dance companies.
Special attention will be given to the presentation of projects in public space with solid commitment towards communities.
For this grant, the participation of several presenting partners is strongly recommended.
• Projects involving artists whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country;
• Only non-profit organizations are eligible. American organizations must demonstrate their 501(c)(3) status granted by the IRS. French organizations must provide proof of equivalent nonprofit status for eligibility;
• American organizations must present a project that involves French or France-based artists, or a project by artists from Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East as long as their work is co-produced by French cultural organizations;
• French organizations must present a project that involves at least one American dance artist or U.S. based artist;
• The organization (presenter, university…) must show a clear financial and artistic commitment towards the project;
• Companies may submit applications to FUSED only if they have identified one or several presenting partners who have indicated in writing their willingness to participate in the collaboration, as well as their financial commitment to the project;
• No grants are awarded to individual artists;
• Presentation of a recorded video of a French or American production is not eligible;
• Presentation of a digital live production of a French or American production is eligible as long as the U.S. based presenting partners are identified, or vice versa
• FUSED grants support up to 50% of the expenses related to the artistic project such as artists’ fees, housing, per-diem, travel, visa expenses, equipment rentals related to the production, but cannot exceed the amount $15,000;
• FUSED does not cover the operating and front of the house expenses of the presenting organization.
GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2022
The application call is open to projects taking place between June 2022 & December 2023
Budget Template Presentation & Touring Grant [xlsx]
> Presentation & Touring Grant Application
Note: Prior to the deadline, applicant organizations should contact FUSED representative to ensure the eligibility of the project.
Nicole Birmann Bloom
Program Officer, Performing Arts