In 2021, FACE Contemporary Theater will encourage French-American theater collaboration with the development of artists’ residencies.
Priority will be given to residencies focusing on:
• Creative research using digital technologies
• Creative research exploring Public Space with solid commitment towards communities.
• Residency projects involving artists whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country;
• Only non-profit organizations are eligible. American organizations must demonstrate their 501(c)(3) status granted by the IRS. French organizations must provide proof of equivalent nonprofit status for eligibility;
• American organizations must present a residency project that involves French or France-based artists, or project by artists from Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East as long as their work is co-produced by French cultural institutions;
• French institutions must present a residency project that involves at least one American theater artist or U.S based artist;
• The organization (presenter, university…) must show a clear financial and artistic commitment towards the project;
• Companies and ensembles may submit applications to FACE Contemporary Theater for a residency only if they have identified one or several presenting partners who have indicated in writing their willingness to participate in the collaboration, as well as their financial commitment to the project;
• No grants are awarded to individual artists;
• FACE Contemporary Theater doesn’t support publications;
• FACE Contemporary Theater grants support up to 50% of the expenses related to the artists’ residency such as artists’ fees, housing, per-diem, travel, visa expenses, equipment rentals related to the development of the project, but cannot exceed the amount $10,000;
• FACE Contemporary Theater does not cover the operating expenses of the partnering organization.
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED.
Next Deadline: To Be Announced.
Budget Template Residency Grant [xlsx]
> Residency Grant Application
Note: Prior to the deadline, applicant organizations should contact FACE Contemporary Theater representative to ensure the eligibility of the project.
Nicole Birmann Bloom
Program Officer, Performing Arts