For the next application call, FACE Contemporary Theater will encourage French-American presentation and touring of artists or ensemble.
Priority will be given to projects focusing on creation in public space with solid commitment towards communities.
For touring, the participation of several presenting partners is strongly recommended.
• Projects involving artists whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country;
• Only non-profit organizations are eligible. American organizations must demonstrate their 501(c)(3) status granted by the IRS. French organizations must provide proof of equivalent nonprofit status for eligibility;
• American organizations must present a project that involves French or France-based artists, or a project by artists from Africa, the Caribbean, and the Middle East as long as their work is co-produced by French cultural organizations;
• French organizations must present a project that involves at least one American theater artist or U.S based artist;
• The organization (presenter, university…) must show a clear financial and artistic commitment towards the project;
• Productions of classical French repertory theater are not eligible through this program;
• Companies may submit applications to FACE Contemporary Theater only if they have identified one or several presenting partners who have indicated in writing their willingness to participate in the collaboration, as well as their financial commitment to the project;
• No grants are awarded to individual artists;
• FACE Contemporary Theater doesn’t support publications;
• When performed in the United States, productions including texts in French or other foreign languages must be performed with English titles or simultaneous translation;
• When performed in France, productions including texts in English must be performed with French titles or simultaneous translation;
• Presentation of a recorded video of a French or American production is not eligible;
• Presentation of a digital live production of a French or American production is eligible;
• FACE Contemporary Theater grants support up to 50% of the expenses related to the artistic project such as artists’ fees, housing, per-diem, travel, visa expenses, equipment rentals related to the production, but cannot exceed the amount $20,000;
• FACE Contemporary Theater does not cover the operating and front of the house expenses of the presenting organization.
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED.
Next Deadline: To Be Announced.
Budget Template Presentation & Touring Grant [xlsx]
> Presentation & Touring Grant Application
Note: Prior to the deadline, applicant organizations should contact FACE Contemporary Theater representative to ensure the eligibility of the project.
Nicole Birmann Bloom
Program Officer, Performing Arts