The program encourages applications for projects resulting in the creation of new works. Commissions to French composers and collaborations between French and American musicians will be supported up to 10,000 dollars.
- Projects must take place between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
- Commissions may include arranging, composing, rehearsing, performing, and recording.
- Works presented must be composed by living composers.
Priority will be given to:
- Projects resulting in live performances.
- Projects involving artists or living composers whose work has rarely been seen in the partner country.
- Projects involving new generations of composers.
- Projects involving women artists and/or composers.
- Projects experimenting new forms of music, including computer and electro-acoustic music.
The fund will not support directly individual artists.
WHO MAY APPLY
The Jazz & New Music program offers financial support in the form of grants to American or French nonprofit organizations that represent, produce, or present the project of the artist(s).
- Applicants must be an individual artist or ensemble that works at a professional level.
- Applicants must be French or U.S. citizens or legal residents for the past five years and currently reside in their respective territory.
- Applicants must be (or represented by) an American nonprofit institution or a French association loi 1901.
- Applicants (or their representatives) must demonstrate their nonprofit status.